Ps 96: 10 ¶ Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns! Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved;
When God created the world, he did so in one instantaneous act, the whole timeline fixed and established…
- Beginning with six days of creation
- The population and filling of the earth
- The world-wide flood destroying all land dwelling creatures, save 8 individuals and an ark full of animals, in judgement of sin that had defiled man-kind
- The re-population of the earth and development of nations
- The development of the tribes of Israel and the giving of the Law
- The promise of a New Covenant, a coming Savior and prophecies of judgement and blessing
- A Savior is born, lives a sin-free life, is crucified, raised and is ascended into heaven.
- Natural disasters
- Advancements in technology, science, knowledge
- Changes in culture, politics, religion
- Fulfillment of prophecy
- The return of the Lord
- New heavens, new earth, and eternity with the Lord in a new and perfect world free of sin, pain, and corruption.
God’s infinite and omniscient mind can comprehend all possible worlds that could have been made. Before He created anything He chose this world as the best possible world to instantiate, to love and enter into and initiate an eternal relationship that would magnify His glory to the greatest possible degree.
God is in absolute and complete control over all things, but chose to incorporate our personalities, wishes, needs, desires, actions, and prayers into His chosen and completed world. We are not robots without personality, merely doing God’s bidding, but have freely chosen our actions and attitudes without compulsion and God’s glory is magnified when we turn to Him in repentance and worship Him.
Everything that happens is allowed by Him and chosen by Him to be included in the world He created. Because He is a personal God, He rejoices with us in our accomplishments, and grieves with us in our pain. He is an intentional God, and if something has been included in this creation, it is there for a reason.
When all time has run its course, God’s glory will be maximized and we will be privileged to share in that glory for all eternity if we have accepted God’s free gift of eternal life. If we believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty that we deserve as sinners and rose again by the power of God. If we have admitted we are sinners, have confessed our sin to God and repented, we have eternal life along with the benefits of adoption into God’s family, sons of God and joint heirs with Jesus Christ and His eternal inheritance.